January 14, 2010

Grandma once grabbing more attention than the WORLD´S biggest star



This story was sent to me by email and I found it really heartwarming. Therefore I asked our friend @sohappi for her permission to post it here, hoping it may give you a little simile, too. ~ C. ~



Michael Jackson and Frank Dileo arriving at Heathrow Airport in 1988


This little story involves MJ & my grandma.

I've talked to Alicia about my grandmother some, in order for the story to make some sense a little background.

My grandma was highly involved in the civil rights movement as well as environmental issues and equality for all.

She was known nationally and traveled the world for her various causes.

A lot of her work happened in the *80's*, pretty much the entire decade...
Keep this in mind as you read further.

My grandmother returned home from a trip to Brazil, I believe.

She would always tell us about her trip show pictures...etc.

Well, this time she said something was going on at the airport upon her arrival.

According to grandma, there was a lot of activity going on. She noticed a lot of kids in the airport full of excitement.

It's brought to my grandmothers attention that Michael Jackson was landing in the same airport, hints the activity.

Once my grandmother gets off the plane, she can see the group of children running in the direction of the planes (I take it this was a smaller, private airport.)

The kids are in a frenzy, calling my GRANDMA'S name!

So, grandma says that the kids were running towards her to take pictures, autographs...etc.

She out shined MJ (?)
~i think not~

When she mentioned MJ at the beginning, of course I was all ears, she knew I was a huge MJ fan, (but I'm a bigger fan of hers.)

However at the end of the story, I had a very confused look on my face, as I do now.

Who's to say my little Southern Grandma grabbed more attention than the WORLD'S biggest star, in the 1980's, when he was at his highest plato...

I'm sure they have discussed that encounter in heaven. 



I have no doubts about it that Michael Jackson will have been happy this grandma to get the attention he was used to receive in the late 80th. He knew that it took people like this wonderful and brave grandma to make his dream of a better tomorrow to come true. He would have paid homage himself to grandma if knowing what was going on there on that special day... ~Cassarah~

0 comments:

Post a Comment