August 22, 2011

Children´s Day - August 22, 2011: The Value of Childhood...

A childhood  is value and valued. If it is filled with playing and magic, it has considerable positive influence on the development of the entire life. A neglected childhood may not be rescheduled at a later date. Unfortunately, there are millions of children worldwide who are growing up in the vicious circle of poverty and thus cheated of their childhood - but that's another topic.

Also a lot of children living in a so-called affluent societies have extremely difficult childhood experiences.  Parents want their children to have better carreer abilities than they had themselves. This sometimes let them forget about the other needs (such as internal skills) of the little ones. Children have human needs - but they also have additional needs unique to their particular situation. For most parents, children's play is just that — diversion or entertainment. But playing is much more and can help children develop social skills, physical strength, language skills, self-esteem, and more. Watching a child playing you become eye- (and ear-) witness of many really magical scenes! It is a profound responsibility of parents and carers to provide for  all these needs. 

'I remember going to the record studio and there was a park across the street and I'd see all the children playing and I would cry because it would make me sad that I would have to work instead' ~Michael Jackson



Michael Jackson, who literally grew up on stage, wrote a very impressing song about this very topic. He described "Have You Seen My Childhood" as the most intimately personal and autobiographical of his career.



Music producer Bruce Swedien worked with Michael Jackson to record that song.
He spoke with CNN's Don Lemon about the experience.


Bruce Sweden speaking to CNN´s Don Lemon about working with MJ

"Have you seen my childhood"  was used in the film "Free Willy".

The poignant lyrics provide insight into  Michael Jackson´s life, which -in parts- was sad and also had painful aspects. Several lines are particularly heartwrenching.
In his pleas for understanding, he reveals self-awareness of how his life was pointed out to the public to be peculiar and eccentric du to his attempts to regain his childhood. Thrust into performing and a public life practically since birth, his life really was devoid of a childhood. He was formed, admired, then ridiculed by the media. He lost so much without anyone or anyplace in which to find shelter from the world...




Lyrics: "Childhood"

Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for the world that I come from
'Cause I've been looking around
In the lost and found of my heart...
No one understands me
They view it as such strange eccentricities...
'Cause I keep kidding around
Like a child, but pardon me...

People say I'm not okay
'Cause I love such elementary things...
It's been my fate to compensate,
for the Childhood
I've never known...

Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
Like pirates in adventurous dreams,
Of conquest and kings on the throne...

Before you judge me, try hard to love me,
Look within your heart then ask,
Have you seen my Childhood?

People say I'm strange that way
'Cause I love such elementary things,
It's been my fate to compensate,
for the Childhood I've never known...

Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
Like fantastical stories to share
The dreams I would dare, watch me fly...

Before you judge me, try hard to love me.
The painful youth I've had

Have you seen my Childhood...
(~ Michael Jackson)



.

0 comments:

Post a Comment