October 22, 2011

Children´s Day - October 22, 2011: The Lost Children...



Since October 2011 is MJ-Invincible-month- I want to post the lyrics from "The Lost Children" from the "Invincible"-album. Listen to the song and listen to the lyrics. It is very beautiful and it expresses the concern and worries we all should have for the children of this world, because the children of the world are OUR children and they deserve to grow up in our universal love. Alas - we are far away from this goal


....and sometimes it is us who are the lost children.




This is the video for  "Have you seen my childhood?" 
As far as I know he never made a video for "The Lost Children".
(In some countries you may not be able to watch the embedded video without 
switching  into privacy-mode  with  special software, due to Copyright issues.)


Some informations aubout this song- starting with picking up some lines from LoveLightMagic´s analyse :
... a bit of an Irish influence in this one. MJ even sings with an Irish "tongue" so to speak.It reminds me of an Irish lullaby entwined with a blessing. He incorporates a choir of children voices, just lovely!! The song is based on b-flat scale, having only one flat, B. In 6/8 time, usually a signature for folk tunes, an Irish Jig.... This song, Lost Children hits my heart for not only the children who never came home, but a more personal meaning to me. Every time I hear this song, I send it to the heavens for a special reason. May this blessing reach all the lost children...everywhere." 


Did  you know that Prince is being featured in the song's narration and that MJ picked this song in the favorite songs during an online audio chat he held for the fans on oct 26, 2001? 





Audio: Michael answers questions from his fans 
presented by: GetMusic.com and RollingStone.com


My dear friend M. said: "Especially "The Lost Children" was also the reason for much criticism on Invincible reviews - alongside "Speechless" and "You are my life". Apparently the music critics had a very clear idea of what MJ should sing about and children and children's issues were not part of it." 





A number of reasons to pay special regard to this song - but most important for me and why I love this song is: it hits my heart.




"We pray for our fathers, pray for our mothers 
Wishing our families well 
We sing songs for the wishing, of those who are kissing 
But not for the missing


CHORUS 1 


So this one´s for all the lost children 
This one´s for all the lost children 
This one´s for all the lost children, wishing them well 
And wishing them home
When you sit there addressing, counting your blessings 
Biding your time 
When you lay me down sleeping and my heart is weeping 
Because I´m keeping a place


CHORUS 2 


For all the lost children 
This is for all the lost children 
This one´s for all the lost children, wishing them well 
And wishing them home
Home with their fathers, 
Snug close and warm, loving their mothers 
I see the door simply wide open 
But no one can find thee


CHORUS 3 


So pray for all the lost children 
Let´s pray for all the lost children 
Just think of all the lost children, wishing them well 
This is for all the lost children 
This one´s for all the lost children" 


~ Michael Jackson






*

0 comments:

Post a Comment