November 24, 2009

Dave Dave remembering Michael Jackson



 He was almost like a father 
that I never had..




„He heard about me and he had contacted me and wanted to meet me. I was about 7 years ols at the time. […] I was back and forth from surgery. He befriended me; he took me into his life, he opened his arms to me and accepted me as a very good friend of his. And throughout the years, he’d never let me go. […] The visit to his [then] Encino house was very impromptu, and it was kept a secret by my mother. And I had always been kind of an admirer of his, not a fan per se, but I always loved his music. And my mother surprised me one day and brought me up [then] Neverland; and I entered in arcade, and there were all these paul McCartney’s’ „The Girl Is Mine”  and this and that. And I remember sitting down, at the time, my favorite video game was „Paul Position”, and I remember playing „Paul Position” and I felt a little tap on my shoulder, and I turned around and there was Michael, and at that moment we embraced, and that embrace never ended throughout our entire friendship. […] I believe what people fail to realize is that Michael was a human being. Throughout the years, I think, he was kinda stigmatized by the media, and I believe that wasn’t really helpful to him or to anybody around him. I believe that Michael was a great person, he’s never hurt a soul and I am happy to have been his friend through all these years, I’ve been a dedicated friend. […] Michael offered a lot of emotional support for me, he was there for me whenever I needed to talk to him, he opened up Neverland for me as a means to get away. Metaphorically, he was almost like a father that I never had. ”

[Dave Dave (David Rothenburg, 1983 set on fire by his father, interviewed on Larry King Live);

0 comments:

Post a Comment