January 9, 2010

The last tear - by Michael Jackson (from Dancing The Dream)

The last tear By Michael Jackson - take from "Dancing the Dream"

Your words stabbed my heart, and I cried tears of pain.
"Get out!" I shouted. "These are the last tears I'll never cry for you." So you left.
I waited hours, but you didn't return. That night by myself I cried tears of frustration.
I waited weeks, but you had nothing to say. Thinking of your voice, I cried tears of loneliness.
I waited months, but you left no sign for me. In the depths of my heart, I cried tears of despair.

How strange that all these tears could not wash away the hurt! Then one thought of love pierced my bitterness. I remembered you in the sunlight, with a smile as sweet as May wine. A tear of gratitude started to fall, and miraculously, you were back. Soft fingers touched my cheek, and you bent over for a kiss.
"Why have you come?" I whispered.
"To wipe away your last tear," you replied. "It was the one you saved for me."


Copyright © 1992 Doubleday

0 comments:

Post a Comment