May 17, 2010

Random experience at the MJ memorial, Munich


This afternoon in between two appointments I managed to pass by the MJ memorial, which is a rare experience on weekdays for me.

When I came nobody was there and I lit up some candles. Then a group (around six) of older ladies came by (all way beyond 60, more beyond 70!) and they were soooo full of AWEs and talking about Michael and the memorial, showing each other those pictures attached, pointing at them like: "Look at him on this, when he was a kid. Oh, on this he was older. Oh, that is a nice one." etc.

So lovely! Then they asked me, if I was taking care of the memorial and I responded that I'm just lighting up a few candles this time and the place is something many people contribute to every day...

One of them said: "There is so much vandalism around these days, so it's even more amazing it's still there and so beautiful!"

I told them they have been hater-attacks but we wouldn't let them destroy the love and the more beautiful it is, less people are trying to destroy... "Aaaah, yes, right. Thank you."

Then they were all taking pictures of the memorial and group pictures in front of it.

It made me smile for the rest of the day...


Everytime I see people there that are a bit outside of Michael's regular "core target / fan group" (I know he reached so many different people but still I haven't met those ladies on the concerts!) it makes me even more proud and happy because I feel Michael's legacy is being restored amongst the "regular people".

I feel that bit by bit... "the truth unfurls"! All of those articles / media attacks / madness / accusations, etc. are somehow fading in history and the L.O.V.E. more and more comes shining through!

For further generations Michael will be remembered for what he was and on a side note it will be said that he was facing a lot of opposition for it.

We all, as the global MJ fam, contribute to this process everyday and more than anything I thank all of you for it and I am proud and happy to do my part.

Let L.O.V.E. rule!


---
Addition:

Watch this beautiful video from MJ Memorial in Munich. May 14, 2010 (three days before this post)!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7-3Q_x4Q5M

5 comments:

BeGodsGlow said...

What a sweet story! Thanks for sharing. I know what you mean about how nice it is when "regular" people seem to at least understand a bit :) And thanks to all of you in München who are keeping the memorial/monument vibrant and alive. It's something important and I'm sure Michael is smiling down to you all because of all the L.O.V.E. ♥

mike1909 said...

:) thank you for sharing :)
I just have no words but amazing !!!

doublebeee said...

Thank you for your comments! It's just what happens there every day... And it's lovely to share with you!

Keep spreading the L.O.V.E. for Michael! ♥

kaz said...

this is such a beutiful blog it really put a smile on my face to read this. i am so glad people are still see how much of a legend he really is. as you know as i have mentioned several times in the past i love this memorial and am so proud off you for playing a huge part i'm sure it gives you great sence off happiness and achievment to be part off this bless u huge hugs keep it up xxxx

Sinmideleoluwa said...

Thank you so much for it brought tears to me eyes
Michael is so loved it is beautiful. I can feel the
Love,light and laughter shinning through this awesome
Team. I will visis the memorial when I come to America
Later on in the year stay blessed everyone love you all
It is all for L.O.V.E thank you 8xxxxxxx

Post a Comment