March 17, 2010

Respect is not given, it's earned.

On Monday I was on twitter and @Mjjnews posted an article about the $250 million that Michael's estate and Sony did, I read the article and I've to admit that I was a little scared about the deal, and the first thought that came to my mind was ''I can't believe they did this deal and with sony'', as everybody knows sony was the company that tried to sabotage Michael's album Invincible and promote it with just one single, and we all know that Invincible has more than just one good song. Anyway, sudenly I started to read in twitter that @MissChivious called @Mjjnews a lier because she didn't put the facts right, and the only thing she did was posted the article so all her followers could read it and give their opinion. As I continue reading their posts, there were anothe twitter accounts that came up supporting some @Mjjnews and others to @MissChivious, wich is okay because everybody has their own opinion, but I felt that no one was respecting each other and that hurt, because they get to the point of calling haters to each other, and I couldn't believe what I was reading. I know there are haters out there, and there will always be, but you're not a hater because you have a different opinion. I couldn't believe they were fighting each other without showing a little, just a little respect. Since I was a little kid I listened to Michael speaking, he always talked about respecting each other and respect other people opinion, even if you don't agree, I grew up with those words, believing those words and folowing his example, now I'm 22 and I continue believing those words as the first day I heard him. Noone can judge a person because they think diferent, everyone has the right to have their own opinion and all of us have to respect that opinion. We all want the same, Justice for Michael, and I personaly think that fighting each other and calling each other liers is not the right way to ask for justice. We're all Michael's fans, so we're all part of the same family. And yes, families will always have different ways of see things and different opinion but they're always together, supporting each other and they always showing respect for each member. So I'm asking all of you, Michael's fans, as a part of our big, strong and beautiful family, let's stop fighting and show our opinions with respect and let's learn to respect other people's opinion. As Michael said ''respect is not given, it's earned'', and I think that every person in Michael's fan family, have wont respect. So stop the fighting each other and let´s fight to get justice to our king and to heal our world, I think that's the best way to honor him.

6 comments:

DesertRose said...

Wonderful post my friend. I've been saying this all along. Why must we fight amongst fans as to differences in thought? We must unite for the purpose of "TRUTH PREVAILING". When we bicker amongst each other, we only make our case for TRUTH, weaker.

Love,Peace, and Joy always and forever.

Gime Vacarezza. said...

Thank you very much!. I can't agreed more with you. I'm glad you've enjoyed my article. Thank you again.

doublebeee said...

Great! And it's one of my (many) favourite MJ quotes.

I guess unity within the MJ fam is a must. And unity includes different opinions and ways of seeing things, productive discussions but with L.O.V.E. and respect and focus on MJ's message.

Kiki_MJFan4Life said...

I've noticed this too, we seem to be fighting among ourselves because some people are mad because others think differently. Everyone has a right to their own opinions but no one should be called a hater because they view something different. how i've always seen it a hater is the ones we are fighting i don't want to say against,but the ones who want to trash Michael's name none of us want that we all want one thing, & I hope the fighting can stop and we can all unite for the cause we all want. thanks for posting & welcome :)

mike1909 said...

Thank you !!!
Michael's message was one of unity and love.
Though we cannot always agree on all aspects and events we should be able to respect each other's opinions and focus on the fight for justice and further promote Michael message that the world can be heal through love.

Cassarah said...

Thank you for this post.

"To all his songs his message was simple: LOVE."~ Prince Michael Jackson

If we are not able to love each other we should try hard to respect each other. We cannot be true MJ-fans without showing restraint, having good manners, being kind and respect each other´s personality, confessions/believes/opinions and privacy.

Post a Comment